109) MISS INTERNATIONAL 2017: Kevin Liliana of Indonesia won the title at Tokyo, Japan.
110) Indian Film Personality of the Year Award: conferred on Amitabh Bachhan at the International Film Festival of India, Goa for his outstanding contribution in Indian Film Industry through films, music and entertainment. Shri Bachhan has also been decorated with Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan and has won 4 National and 15 Filmfare awards.
111) 48th International Film Festival of India was held at Goa from Nov 20 to 28. Film ‘Beyond the Clouds’ by legendary Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi was the curtain raiser (first) at the festival. Canada is the focus country this year.
112) RUSSIA CASTS VETO FOR SYRIA
Russia once again cast its veto at the UN Security Council to block the extension of a UN-led investigation by Joint Investigative Mechanism (JIM) to determine who is behind chemical weapons attacks in Syria. It was the 10th time that Russia has used its veto power to stop council action that targeted its ally Syria. A resolution needs nine votes in favor and no vetoes by the United States, France, Russia, Britain or China to be adopted.
113) Shagun Chowdhary became the first Indian woman trap shooter to win an Olympic berth as she won the national champion crown at the 61st National Shooting Championship in New Delhi today.
114) MOODY’s UPGRADE INDIA’s RATING
US-based credit rating agency Moody’s has upgraded India’s sovereign credit rating by a notch to ‘Baa2’ with a stable outlook citing improved growth prospects driven by economic and institutional reforms. The continued progress on economic and institutional reforms will, over time, enhance India’s high growth potential, it said. The rating upgrade has come after a gap of 13 years.
115) The Union Cabinet has approved setting up of a National Anti-profiteering Authority under the GST, as it seeks to ensure that consumers get the benefit of reduced prices under the new indirect tax regime.
116) The 2017 UN Peacekeeping Defence Ministerial Conference was held in Vancouver, Canada.
117) A DIGITAL TRACKING PILL APPROVED
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved first of its kind a psychiatric medication system in the form of a pill with a built-in digital tracking device. Named Abilify MyCite, a form of aripiprazole, has an embedded ingestible sensor that records when the medication is taken. Made by Japan-based Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., the medication system is intended to treat schizophrenia, bipolar I disorder and depression in adults.
118) Ministry of Power and New & Renewable Energy launched the ‘Saubhagya’ Web Portal for efficient implementation and monitoring of the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana.
119) The parties to COP-23 agreed to continue the deliberations into 2018 through ‘Talanoa Dialogue’. Talanoa is a traditional approach used in Fiji and the Pacific region to engage in an inclusive, participatory and transparent dialogue.