46) DECEMBER 10: WORLD HUMAN RIGHTS DAY
Observed to stand up for all human rights and for the values that underpin hopes for a fairer, safer and better world. The theme this year is, 'Let's stand up for equality, justice and human dignity'. On this day in 1948, the United Nations General Assembly adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Paris to establish the equal dignity and worth of every human being.
47) IRAN GETS RID OF IS
Iran officially announced the end of a three-year war by Iraqi forces to drive the Islamic State out of the country. IS seized vast areas north and west of Baghdad in a lightning offensive in 2014, endangering the very existence of the Iraqi state.
48) The ASEAN India Connectivity Summit was held in New Delhi. The theme of the two-day Summit was ‘Powering Digital and Physical Linkages for Asia in the 21st Century’.
49) Hockey World League Final: Australia defeated Rio Olympics champions Argentina to win gold at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. India settled at bronze medal.
50) Prithvi Shaw, Mumbai's 18-year-old batsman has been named the captain of the Indian Under-19 team for the 2018 U-19 World Cup to be held in New Zealand starting January 13, 2018.
51) PREET DIDBAL: She has been elected Mayor of Yuba city in California, becoming the first Sikh woman to hold this position in the United States. The Sutter-Yuba region is home to one of the largest Sikh communities in the USA.
52) ADITYA PURI: The Managing Director of HDFC Bank is the only Indian on Fortune’s ‘Businessperson of the Year’ list, covering world’s top 20 heads of companies. Mr Puri has been placed at 18th rank.
53) The International Olympic Committee banned Russia from participating in the 2018 Winter Games as most of her athletes were found guilty under its state-orchestrated doping programme. However, clean Russian athletes will be allowed to compete under an Olympic flag.
54) MOHAMMED BIN SALMAN: Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince, has won TIME’s Person of the Year 2017 online reader poll, earning 24 percent of the “yes” votes cast, more than other world leaders, industry titans, entertainers and activists. It may be noted that he won only online reader poll and NOT the TIME’s Person of the Year 2017 award that was won by the general uprising ‘The Silence Breakers’.
55) The government has set up a high-level committee headed by NITI Aayog chief executive Amitabh Kant to address the problem of stressed assets (Bad loans, NPAs) in India's power sector.
56) The First International Conference on Sports Medicine and Sports Sciences, SAICON 2017 was held in New Delhi.
57) 7th International Ground Water Conference on Groundwater Vision 2030- was held in New Delhi with the theme “Water Security, Challenges, and Climate Change Adaptation”.
Join Gyanm College of Competitions for Best Bank PO and SSC Coaching in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula
Dial @ 0172-4052124, 09257-211-740, 91-17-34-34-34